Tech round-up: your year with Deliveroo
2018 was a busy one. Between you all, you covered enough mileage to go round the world more than 1,400 times. That’s a lot of happy customers!
Here are the most popular orders you delivered to customers in 2018:
While you’ve been getting food to hungry customers, we’ve been busy too.
We launched rider insurance and first aid training, as well as OpenClassrooms – giving you free access to online learning. And our app team launched several new features to improve your rider experience.
Here’s a quick look back at some of them:
- You told us you didn’t want to call to reject orders in restaurants – so you can now do this at the tap of a button
- You wanted the option to leave orders when you can’t get hold of customers – you can now do this and notify them straight from the app
- You wanted an easy way to make changes – you can now update your contact and bank details within the app
- You wanted more order detail – so we now show order fee and customer address before you accept
- You wanted to see how your fees stack up so we’ve made earnings information clearer
- You wanted better fee boost details so we’ve made it easier to see which zones are offering them
- You wanted fairer fees for longer journeys so we launched distance-based earnings
Our final feature this year is one we hope you’ll all find useful.
You told us you’d often like to have a bigger order number to show in busy restaurants. You can now press anywhere on the order to show the order number in full screen.
We hope to make 2019 just as exciting – with many more improvements to come!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
November 29, 2018
Tech round-up: hints and tips
Check out these ways to maximise your time while working Read More
September 28, 2018
Tech round-up: how the restaurant tablet works
Find out what the restaurant sees when you're on an order. Read More
June 1, 2018
Tech round-up: Statistics – your questions answered
Find out more about how your in-app statistics work. Read More