2018 Sponsorship Recipients
Each year hundreds of riders take part in charity events to raise money for great causes. We love to support riders who take part in these events, so this year we’ve got a various levels of sponsorship available, from £50 to £1,000.
Our £500 and £1,000 tier sponsorships have all been claimed for 2018 – you can read more about the winners below. But we’ve still got £50 and £100 sponsorships available. If you’re doing something amazing for charity and you’d like to apply for a sponsorship, click Apply now above
Zak Arden and Rorie Hather
Event: Cycling from London to Istanbul on a fixed bike. This will take them through 12 countries and 2,000+ miles.
Charity: The British Liver Trust
Albert Thornton & Ben Boddington
Event: Cycle the width of America, from Boston MA to Seattle, approximately 4,300 miles. We are looking to complete the route in 60 days averaging roughly 70 miles each day. For the duration of the trip, we will be unsupported, navigating with maps and carrying all of our equipment on the bikes.
Charity: The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
Event: Ride from London to Amsterdam, 350 miles.
Charity: Parkinsons UK
Event: Cycle 5000km, crossing the boundaries of 14 countries within central-western Europe and the Balkans. This challenge will take place over a 5 month period. The route of my challenge has largely been determined by 3 key points of interest: -National Parks -Ancient woodlands and Sites of Scientific Investigation (SSI) -UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Charity: The Woodlands Trust
Event:Off road cycle from Lands End to John O’Groats.
Charity: Cancer Research UK
A number of riders have been informed about being selected for sponsorship. There is still £100 sponsorship available throughout the year, so please use the form at the top of the page to apply.
A number of riders have been informed about being selected for sponsorship. There is still £50 sponsorship available throughout the year, so please use the form at the top of the page to apply.
Rider Sponsorship Scheme Terms and Conditions
WHO CAN ENTER
This Scheme is open to any current Deliveroo riders in the UK and Ireland (“Riders”).
HOW DO YOU ENTER
To enter the Scheme fill in this entry form (“Form”): https://goo.gl/forms/cergqz3wR7SfztE13. No other methods of entry are accepted.
WHEN CAN YOU ENTER
You can apply for sponsorship levels 1 and 2 anytime in 2018. You can apply for sponsorship levels 3 and 4 between January 10th and February 7th, 2018.
THE SPONSORSHIP LEVELS
LEVEL 1: Deliveroo Goody Bag (a Deliveroo branded drawstring bag containing a water bottle, sweatband, and a DryFit Deliveroo T-Shirt), £50/€50 donation to charity, blog article about your challenge on roocommunity.com and post on Roo Community Facebook and Instagram at Deliveroo discretion. To be eligible Rider must be completing a challenge for a charity of their choice.
LEVEL 2: Deliveroo Goody Bag, £100/€100 donation to charity, guaranteed blog article on roocommunity.com & post on Roo Community Facebook and Instagram. To be eligible Rider must be completing a challenge for a charity of their choice.
LEVEL 3: Deliveroo Goody Bag, £500/€500 donation to charity, guaranteed blog article on at roocommunity.com, post on Roo Community Facebook and Instagram, personalised Deliveroo sports kit & GoPro to record their achievement. To be eligible the Rider and between 1 – 3 friends (Rider or non-riders) must be completing a local/national/international challenge for charity.
LEVEL 4: Deliveroo Goody Bag, £1,000/€1,000 donation to charity, guaranteed blog article on at roocommunity.com, post on Roo Community Facebook and Instagram, personalised Deliveroo sports kit, GoPro to record their achievement, plus entry fees and expenses paid (up to a value of £5,000/€5,000). To be eligible, the Rider and between 1 to 3 other Riders must be completing a local/national/international challenge together for charity. Every member of the team must be a Deliveroo Rider.
LEVEL 1: Riders are free to apply for sponsorship via the Form at any time during 2018. There will be 25 winners selected and notified on the following dates in 2018: February 7th, April 11th, July 11th and October 10th. Deliveroo reserves the right to select a winner from any application received in 2018. The winners will be selected by the Rider Community Team (whose decision shall be final) based on the application responses and the winner will be contacted by Deliveroo.
LEVEL 2: Riders are free to apply for sponsorship via the Form at any time during 2018. There will be one winner selected and notified on the last Wednesday of every month in 2018. Deliveroo reserves the right to select a winner from any previous months’ entries. The winners will be selected by the Rider Community Team (whose decision shall be final) based on the application responses and the winner will be contacted by Deliveroo.
LEVEL 3: Riders are free to apply for sponsorship for themselves and their group of up to 3 friends via the Form by 23.59 on February 7th, 2018. All entries will be reviewed by Deliveroo and qualifying riders will be awarded sponsorship based on the results of a rider vote in February. Winners will be notified by March 2nd 2018 and winners will be announced in the March Roosletter.
LEVEL 4: Riders are free to apply for sponsorship for themselves and their group of up to 3 other Deliveroo Riders via the Form by 23.59 on February 7th, 2018. All entries will be reviewed by Deliveroo and qualifying riders will be awarded sponsorship based on the results of a Rider vote hosted on the roocommunity.com in February 2018. Winners will be notified by 2nd March 2018 and then announced on the roocommunity.com in March 2018.
FOR ALL LEVELS OF SPONSORSHIP
1) Scheme is only open to Deliveroo Riders. Entries will no longer be valid if the entrant ceases to be a Rider.
2) The winner must respond within 4 days after contact to accept the sponsorship. If a winner does not respond that winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner selected from the eligible entries, on the same basis as is described above. Deliveroo will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified sponsorship.
3) It is a condition of entry that each winner agrees to participate in filmed or written publicity connected with this Scheme, and agrees to their name, photograph and country of residence being made publicly available in promotional material. No further compensation (other than the prize) will be paid to the winner for participating in post-winning publicity connected with the Scheme.
4) This Scheme is open to UK and Ireland Deliveroo riders only. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Deliveroo reserve the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Deliveroo may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless Deliveroo is satisfied with the verification.
5) The Scheme runs for the duration of 2018.
6) Charity donations will be made direct to the relevant charity. Rider agrees to provide as much information as Deliveroo reasonably requires to enable prompt payment.
7) The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this Scheme, and in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
8) Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue or event, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue or event and all other expenses. Deliveroo assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with the Scheme. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue or event will also apply. Deliveroo will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
9) Deliveroo accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the prize(s).
10) In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Scheme including the allocation of more sponsorships than are available, Deliveroo reserves the right to end or suspend the Scheme and amend these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
11) Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Scheme and promotion in accordance with point 3 above.
12) Deliveroo’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) Deliveroo reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Scheme and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Scheme subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
14) This Scheme is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15) The promoter of the Scheme is Roofoods Ltd (trading as Deliveroo) is a limited private company incorporated in England under company registration number 08167130 and whose registered office is at Level 1, The River Building, 1 Cousin Lane EC4R 3TE. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions the entrant agrees for their information (which may include personal data) to be shared and processed within Deliveroo which will be necessary in order for us to contact the winner.