Scottish Government e-bike loan to buy scheme
Need a push getting up those Scottish hills?
Home Energy Scotland and the Scottish Government are funding interest free loans to buy e-bikes. So for Scottish riders this means you can get that e-bike you wanted, without paying upfront.
About the scheme:
- The bike must be an EAPC (pedal assist or Pedelec – i.e. not with a throttle – and limited to 250w power and 15.5mph) but may have more than two wheels.
- Applicants can apply for a loan of;
- Up to £3,000 for an e-bike
- Up to £6,000 for an e-cargo bike or adaptive e-bike
- There’s no minimum loan amount
- You can repay over four years and there’s no minimum term.
- Repayments will be made monthly by direct debit.
- When applying you will be asked to call a number and asked to complete;
- An overview of your income and expenses (no proof required)
- Your address history for the past 6 years (doesn’t need to be in Scotland)
- A standard credit check (no proof of income required)
- The scheme will run until March 2019 and will be funded on a first come first served basis.