Keeping safe on the road: reporting crime to the police
Metropolitan Police guidance on reporting crime.
How to report a crime
If the offence is happening now – call 999 for emergency support
If the offence has already occurred and you are not in immediate danger – call 101 to report a crime
For London riders, you can also report online at www.met.police.uk.
If your bike has been stolen, the Police are likely to request the following information when you report a crime
– Make, model and registration number of vehicle
– Was a tracker activated on the vehicle?
– Where it was stolen from? – including the street name and borough
– Are there any distinctive features of the vehicle?
– Can you describe of any suspects and what they wore?
– Do you have any relevant video/CCTV footage?
Remember, in the event of a theft put your safety first and never confront a thief.