Four tips to keep your vehicle safe
Here’s four tips from The London Metropolitan Police to keep your motorcycles and scooters safe when you’re on a delivery.
- Lock – Secure the front brake disc, or use a grip lock to secure the brake and throttle controls. Or use a ‘D lock’ on the front wheel to stop it being wheeled away.
- Chain – Use a chain lock through the back wheel. Try to secure the lock to an immovable object like a ground anchor. If this isn’t possible, thread the chain through your bike frame and back wheel.
- Cover – Store the bike out of sight or in a secure storage facility. Use a cover and store it in a well-lit area which is covered by CCTV.
2. Use bright colours to distinguish your vehicle and delivery bags so they’re easy to identify and less attractive to steal.
3. Write on your vehicle with a traceable liquid like a UV pen. They’re easy to for the police to detect which helps trace the vehicle back to you.
4. Attach a GPS device to your vehicle to identify its location.
If your vehicle is stolen when on a delivery:
- Call the police on 999 or 101 if it’s not an emergency.
- Once you’ve spoken with the police and it’s safe to do do, call Deliveroo Rider Support and let us know.
Click here for more information on how to protect your vehicle.